We recently brought you news of an order placed with us for a gripper arm HPU, required on a tight schedule for the renewables industry.
Last week, after only 2 weeks of build time, hydraulic and electrical testing of the unit was completed and we are proud to present pictures of the finished unit.
The HPU, which will be located on the rear deck of a ship and used to position wind turbine columns over their foundations, comprises;
– Twin 110Kw motor pumpsets delivering 200LPM at 300bar each.
– 2500L capacity stainless steel resevoir.
– 9Kw of oil heating power.
– 66Kw of cooling capacity through a plate type heat exchanger.
– Pressure filtration to 10µm absolute.
– Epoxy paint specification.
– Complete with IP66 rating and tarpaulin for weather protection.
You can also visit our Facebook page to see photos of the build process and keep up to date with our other projects.